Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, June 29, 2009

Goodbye Albert Square, hello boys! Kara Tointon marks her departure from EastEnders with bikini photo shoot

If Kara Tointon wants to make sure she's not forgotten after leaving EastEnders, this photo ought to do it.

In a steamy shoot for FHM magazine, the actress strips down to a bikini to show off her enviable figure.

Kara, 25, says goodbye to Albert Square this month after four years in the soap.

Kara Tointon

Bikini babe: Kara Tointon dons a green two-piece and high heels for a sexy photo shoot for FHM magazine

Since joining the show in 2005, her character Dawn Swann has been pregnant, abducted and engaged.

She’s gone into labour on the London Underground, escaped a burning building, had psychiatric treatment and had to pose as Ian Beale’s wife.

The actress told FHM: 'My storylines are a bit nuts. When I read that I was to be handcuffed to a bed, drugged and about to be given a home caesarean by a mad doctor, I was like, "Are they having me on?" I thought it wouldn’t work, but it ended up being quite a cliffhanger and I was chuffed how it turned out.'

There was also the time she swindled residents out of cash to pay for a boob job, which has meant that for four years she’s had to maintain the illusion that her 32C bust size is considerably larger.

EastEnders

Day Job: Kara, seen as Dawn Swann in EastEnders alongside Gary Hobbs, played by Ricky Groves, is leaving the soap after four years

'I think men are always a bit disappointed when they meet me and I don’t have boobs like Dawn. People were obsessed with her chest and all the conversations were about them,' she said.

Despite some tough storylines, she said she is still sad about leaving.

'I’m a real mixture of emotions. I’m very apprehensive. In a funny sort of way, when you’re on a show like EastEnders, you’re living a second life, you have a second family and you go to work in this little cocoon. I’m nervous, but also excited to do other things.

'I always planned to do two years at EastEnders, so to actually do four was great. It’s time to move on, though. They haven’t told me too much about what’s going to happen. I’m hoping for a happy ending rather than being killed off. I like the idea of being able to come back at some point.'

FHM

The full interview is in FHM magazine

Kara, whose former loves have included EastEnders star James Alexandrou and James Bourne from Busted, is currently dating her on-screen brother Joe Swash, who plays Mickey Miller in the soap.

She said of the relationship: 'I suppose you could think going out with your TV brother is a bit weird. We didn’t say anything for a while as we wanted to see what would happen.

'Otherwise you end up in the situation where you talk about it and then something happens and you’re not together. Also, for some reason, I thought work would be really angry with me.'

She added: 'It’s not a prerequisite that anyone I date has to work in my industry, I think it’s whoever you meet and click with. Sadly I don’t go out that much so I don’t really meet people other than who I work with.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP