Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jhon:I read Quran to find where it's misinterpreted


Bollywood's heartthrob and dimpled actor John Abraham is trying to breakaway from the shackles of oft-mindless cinema with a heart rendering tale of humanity, 'New York'. The actor, during a media event in Delhi, spoke with Ankita Shukla and Bhavna Khullar of Spicezee.com about his latest offering 'New York', preparations that went into it and his co-stars Katrina and Neil.

Q: You read the holy Quran to prepare for the role. What made you do that?

John: I read the holy Quran when I and Kabir decided to go through the transcripts to find where it is misinterpreted as it is something pure and beautiful and has to be understood well.

Q: Tell us something about New York.

John: This film tries to show what happened in America post 9/11 and also at the way America looks at a certain section of a community and the way that community looks at America.

Q: 'New York' is your second flick with Kabir Khan after 'Kabul Express', how was the experience?

John: While I shot for 'Kabul Express' in Taliban ruled Afghanistan, 'New York' was much safer a bet for me. Jokes apart, this film is a thriller and has perhaps the best role I have done so far. I think it was tailor made role for me. As far as Kabir is concerned, he is a friend and an award winning director. While 'Kabul Express' won many awards, I think 'New York' is going to win every possible award in the book of awards. It is a commercial flick, which I think will work but the audience will decide finally.

Q: What do you have to say about Kabir's style of filmmaking?

John: What is distinct about Kabir's style of story telling is the fact that it is real, honest and straight.

Q: How do you select a particular role?

John: Well, I try and do roles that take me out of my comfort zone.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP