Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nepalese teen set to become world’s smallest man

London, June 24: Nepalese teenager Khagendra Thapa Magar is set to be named the world's smallest man, after being just two feet tall.


The 17-year-old, who weighs nearly 4.5 kg, is just four months away to take the title from 2ft 5in He Ping Ping, 20, of China.

"He was born weighing only 600 grams. It was like watching a newly hatched chick fresh from a shell,” The Telegraph quoted his mother Dhana Maya Thapa Magar as saying.

"I admit that at first I was ashamed of him and would not leave the house, but now I only feel pride and am desperate for him to be named as the tinniest man in the world," she added.

Magar, from Kathmandu, was said to have already gained a celebrity status with politicians calling for him to be recognised as the smallest man in the world officially.

His father Rupp Abrader Thana Magyar added: "His fame has spread across Nepal and into India. He travels as part of a dancing troupe so that people can see him.

"He does this only a couple of times a year and now we only do this to make people realise that he is going to be the smallest man in the world."

Khagendra said: "Once I am named as the world's smallest man then I can fulfil my dream of visiting the United States of America. I can show off my dancing moves and I can show people how good I am at karate."

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP