Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Anil Kapoor advises Amrita Rao to shed her girl-next-door image

Whatever apprehensions Amrita Rao had for her skinfest in her next flick Shortkut were put to rest by producer Anil Kapoor. He convinced her to give it a shot to shed her simple girl-next-door screen image.

"I went solely by his judgement," says the actress. "He has been around for a long, long time and knows what is right. Initially, I was a bit sceptical as it was something that I had not done before. But he told me to go for it and trust him. And I am glad I took his advice."


Huge change

Says Amrita, "It is not that there was a definite gameplan to go for a bold, new look. If the film had come two years ago, I would have still done it. But after Vivaah and Welcome To Sajjanpur, it is a huge change for me."
As the actress does not have a weight problem, getting into the bra tops and hot pants was no big deal. "I have always eaten in control and sensibly. I also do yoga regularly. That is all I had to do to get into ship-shape for the film."

Didnt expect it

Her family has yet to view the film "but as my mother accompanies me for shoots, she has seen me on the sets. And after the promos, they didn't expect that I could look like this too!"

This is also the first time that Manish Malhotra has worked his designs on Amrita. "I never had an opportunity to wear his creations on the screen. When I had my fittings and saw myself in the mirror, it was like 'okay, that's me! We shared a great comfort level and that's there to see in his creations."

It is learnt that each time she appeared on the sets, the unit went gung-ho and co-star Arsahd Warsi started calling her Amrita Wow instead of Rao and then the entire unit had Ms Wow as her nick."

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP