Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Penn Blames Pride, Alcoholism For Divorce From Madonna

Oscar wining actor Sean Penn has blamed his pride and excessive drinking for the end of his marriage to pop star Madonna.

Penn married Madonna at the height of her fame but they got divorced four years later. He believes he really didn't know Madonna when he was married to her and cannot remember having a 'single conversation' with the singing sensation, contactmusic.com reports.

He said: 'She was a phenomenon but nothing could have told anybody what would happen next. I describe that marriage as loud. That's how I remember it. I don't recall having a single conversation in four years of marriage. I've talked to her a few times since and there's a whole person there. I just didn't know it.

'I was just living in my own head. Who was it that said 'Men are vain, particularly young men'? I liked to drink a lot. I'm not saying it was meaningless. I've carried over the lessons to things more applicable now.'



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP